Bachelor of Science in Media Engineering and Technology
The study programs in Media Engineering and Technology provide students with a solid foundation for future professions in computer-aided problem-solving as well as appropriate qualifications for future work in computer-related disciplines. The programs focus on applied learning, analytical skills and problem-solving skills. This is achieved through a wide range of core courses that take into account the evolving profession, as well as a range of elective courses that allow students to focus on selected specializations:
Computer Engineering and Technology (CSEN): This branch of study aims to provide students with a good understanding of the latest techniques in various fields of computer science and engineering, such as architectures, software engineering, algorithms, artificial intelligence, computer systems and information technology. Students are able to design, analyze, and evaluate computer components and systems and apply their knowledge to real, multidisciplinary problems.
Digital Media Engineering and Technology (DMET): this focus has been developed to meet the growing demand of the industry for skilled graduate engineers with the ability to provide digital technologies for the production and delivery of audiovisual develop content to meet. More and more sophisticated technologies like virtual reality, interactive television and wireless broadband networks will enable us all to experience more ideas, more convincing and easier. Similarly, broadcasters, publishers and entertainment providers can develop projects more creatively and efficiently. While all is based on digital electronic technologies, the understanding of hardware and software systems alone is not enough. Knowing how to use these systems creatively, and how media practitioners design programmers for various media, is essential for these technologies to evolve and improve. The DMET specialization provides students with both skills to meet these new requirements - as fully accredited engineers with an understanding not only of advanced media hardware and software systems, but also of knowledge and appreciation of how these systems can be used by media practitioners in a dynamic and creative way.
The study program Bachelor of Science in Media Engineering and Technology consists of 7 semesters. Students earn a total of 210 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System.
Bachelor of Science in Information Engineering and Technology
The Bachelor of Science program in Information Engineering and Technology offers a foundational engineering education on the basis of which students may choose among the following specializations:
Communication Engineering (COMM): graduates in this field have excellent opportunities to shape a variety of technologies, from huge global positioning systems that can locate the location of a moving vehicle all the way to gigantic power generators. These engineers are responsible for designing, developing, testing and monitoring the production of telecommunications systems, radar and navigation systems and wireless communication networks. They are involved in the development of new products, write performance requirements, and develop maintenance plans and diagrams. Also, the testing of equipment and machines, the solution of operational problems, the estimation of time and costs for electrical and electronic products are among their tasks.
Electronics (ELCT): Electrical Engineering is the top qualification for such diverse professions as industry, research and trade. Electronics graduates have outstanding opportunities in development and research, design, testing and verification of electronic circuits or in automation technology.
Networking (NETW):Network engineers play an important role in building and maintaining this capability in companies, hospitals, and universities. Network engineers are responsible for building, maintaining, and managing computer networks. The role varies from company to company, but it often includes troubleshooting hardware and software, providing software support, and performing system design and analysis. Other increasingly popular job titles with similar responsibilities include mobile network administrator, security engineer and network architect.
The study program Bachelor of Science in Information Engineering and Technology consists of 7 semesters. Students earn a total of 210 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System.
Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
The study program in Mechatronics Engineering provides students with specific knowledge and skills so that the graduates will be able to:
- Design components and systems in a creative and innovative way that integrate computers, sensors and actuators in mechanical systems to meet desired needs.
- Apply knowledge of math, science, technical knowledge and mechatronics engineering to formulate and solve engineering problems in a creative and innovative way
- Conduct experiments and analyze and interpret the resultant data
- Integrate theory and practice and solve problems across different subject areas
- Use a wide range of analytical tools, techniques, equipment and software packages pertaining to the discipline and develop required computer programs
- Communicate technical matters effectively in oral, written and graphical forms
- Be capable of communicating with professionals and the public
- Function effectively as members of multi-disciplinary teams and effectively plan and manage tasks, time and resources and demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary engineering topics
- Develop their language skills and intercultural competence
The study program Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering and Technology consists of 7 semesters. Students earn a total of 210 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System.
Bachelor of Science in Architecture
The study program in Architecture focusses on architecture and urban design. The program offers diverse suites of learning activities and ensures the graduation of highly-qualified architects who are scientifically well-grounded. At the same time, they have the ability to engage imagination, think creatively, innovate and provide design leadership, while understanding professional ethics and codes of conduct as they apply to the practice of architecture. The graduates will be equipped with specific knowledge and skills so that they will be able to:
- Establish themselves as practicing professionals in architecture by utilizing the acquired technical knowledge, intellectual skills, and professional skills.
- Contribute to the society and profession by handling the analysis, design, and assessment of complex problems and projects in the different disciplines of architecture.
- Pursue graduate study and research in different disciplines of architecture in the German, European, and international academic institutions.
- Demonstrate good work ethics, communication abilities, and utilization of information technology in the multicultural and increasingly changing society.
- Work effectively as responsible professionals alone or in teams.
- Engage in life-long learning to advance professionally in the fields of architecture.
The study program Bachelor of Science in Architecture consists of 7 semesters. Students earn a total of 210 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System.