Master of Science in Media Engineering and Technology
The study program for the Master of Science aims to
- Deepen the science and engineering fundamentals in the field of computer science and technology or digital media technology
- Enhance the capacity for scientific research by analyzing and solving problems and conducting research
- Development of personal skills in critical thinking, problem analysis and problem solving
- Ability to achieve goal-oriented teamwork in a multicultural environment and to communicate effectively in speech and writing
- Ability to carry out research at international level and to study doctoral studies
Master students may choose among the following specializations
Computer Engineering and Technology (CSEN): This branch of study aims to provide students with a good understanding of the latest techniques in various fields of computer science and engineering, such as architectures, software engineering, algorithms, artificial intelligence, computer systems and information technology. Students are able to design, analyze, and evaluate computer components and systems and apply their knowledge to real, multidisciplinary problems.
Digital Media Engineering and Technology (DMET):this focus has been developed to meet the growing demand of the industry for skilled graduate engineers with the ability to provide digital technologies for the production and delivery of audiovisual Develop content to meet. More and more sophisticated technologies like virtual reality, interactive television and wireless broadband networks will enable us all to experience more ideas, more convincing and easier. Similarly, broadcasters, publishers and entertainment providers can develop projects more creatively and efficiently. While all is based on digital electronic technologies, the understanding of hardware and software systems alone is not enough. Knowing how to use these systems creatively, and how media practitioners design programmers for various media, is essential for these technologies to evolve and improve. The DMET specialization provides students with both skills to meet these new requirements - as fully accredited engineers with an understanding not only of advanced media hardware and software systems, but also of knowledge and appreciation of how these systems can be used by media practitioners in a dynamic and creative way.
The study programs Master of Science in Media Engineering and Technology consists of 3 semesters. Students earn a total of 90 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System.